Thursday, April 2, 2009

Endoscopy has gone pretty nicely...

I had my endoscopy earlier this afternoon, and fortunately they have found nothing out-of-the-ordinary. The gastroentenerologist is still looking at a couple of things and I hope to meet with him in the next few weeks if possible (we'll probably meet sooner if something serious arises). The last thing I remember before I was put asleep anaesthetically, was them positioning me on my left side, putting a mouthpiece in my mouth and the anesthesiologist jokingly saying, "okay, no more talking.... Goodnight."
Next thing I knew was that I was laying on my back on the same moveable hospital bed and feeling quite groggy. My dad picked me up and I'm staying over at my parents' house tonight (since I'm not allowed to drive for the rest of the day).
Thank you all for your prayers on this. After laying down for a bit, I am feeling quite a bit better now; just hungry from not eating since yesterday and not drinking fluids since earlier this morning (which was a pre-test requirement). I am hoping to make it to work tomorrow; the last day of school for the Howard County, Maryland Public School System before spring break. The following day I hope to do that Stillpond-to-Betterton Tree Run in Kent County, MD (which is said to be a race distance of approximately 3.6 miles). Then, I plan on spending a majority of my spring break in Mississippi to help build a house as part of hurricane relief efforts constantly occurring in the southern part of the United States of America. I am going with the church that helped put on that Mission Mississippi Harvest Run 5K on Saturday, November 15, 2008 in Howard County, Maryland. I ran that race, took the lead, accidentally went the wrong way, and then by God's grace, narrowly reclaimed the lead and won it. They put that race on to help raise funds for Mission Mississippi; a missions trip to Mississippi that I opted to join them on.
I think mentioned on here at some point that back in January of 2006, I went to Biloxi, Mississippi on a missions trip to help with deconstruction after Hurricane Katrina hit the Gulf of Mexico and the surrounding areas. Upon leaving there, I still saw a lot of destruction and I knew that theere was still plenty of work to be done, and I wanted to go back and help more. When I found out about Mission Mississippi through this race, I kept in contact with the folks involved and through a series of meetings, I was on their waiting list and fortuantely they were able to find a spot for me to go.
Our flight leaves on Sunday, April 5 and then we return on Saturday, April 11. I think it's really nice that I was able to find another opportunity to help out with these hurricane relief efforts, especially one occurring over my spring break :) If you all can, please keep Mission Mississippi and myself in prayer as we travel to, througout, and return from this missions trip. I hope that we can help these people in need and effectively demonstrate the love of Jesus Christ in an unconditional and realistic way. I doubt I'll really have any internet access there, so I probably won't get to blog about it while I'm there until I return.
All right, I'm gonna go take care of a few things. Thank you all for reading, and thank you in advance for your prayers, support, and encouragement. Have a good night :)

No comments: