Monday, April 20, 2009

April 20th :) :) :) :)

While some look at this date and find detestable implications behind it (i.e. the Columbine High School shooting around Littleton, Colorado occurred this day ten years ago, and also this is like some kind of pot smoking day), this date is one of the best in my life as well as a spiritual milestone. On Sunday, April 20, 2003 (this was an Easter Sunday), my friend Lydia helped me to come to know Jesus Christ, God's Son, and receive His Salvation :) That was a wonderful night; one that changed my life so much... And still is! This day is very special to me, no matter the negative connotations in 4/20!

Also, in other great news, I'm sure a few of you have heard, I have a girlfriend named Kay now. We went on our first date yesterday evening (Sunday, April 19, 2009) out to Applebee's (and just driving around her neck of the woods), and had a terrific time (and of course excellent company :) We met at a mutual friend's New Year's party on December 31, 2007 (the same year that I first ran in a running event in all of Maryland's counties in a year :). We became pretty good friends, and very recently it seems, we became interested in a romantic relationship. I mean I didn't even plan it yesterday that we would try and take that next step to see if she wanted something more than friendship; it just came up so sudden and it was one of the most excellent surprises I've had in a long time! She's a wonderful woman and we seem to have a lot in common with our faith, values, and things that we like to do. We are looking forward to getting to know each other better in our new relationship. I can't believe that God would bless me with a great woman like this; and us both with a relationship among other things. I don't feel like I deserve it... Then again, that's another example of grace for you: God's favor without having done anything to deserve it... Just like the gift of Salvation through His Son, Jesus Christ :)

Thank you all for reading and sharing in this Good and happy news with me :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was playing games online however for reading this post more interesting thanks for the share please do keep it going great job....Loveing this.

Cheers,


-------





___________________
christena
Best place for your complete Internet marketing

Noah Wood - A Maryland Runner said...

Thanks Christena. Before I got into this racing in every Maryland county thing, I was fairly into electronic gaming, though now I find this to be more exciting. God-willing, I'll at least have a book about this (and possibly a videogame about it) in the works somewhere down the road!