Saturday, November 17, 2007

Gettin' back into this running thing!






Well I made it to the track yesterday to run seven laps (approximately 1.75 miles) without stopping. I felt all right, a little sore around my right knee (which has hurt before when I run). There was a lot of wind resistance, which made it tougher to run, but I was surprised that I was able to hold on to a nice seven-minute per-mile pace. Not bad considering I have not been running very consistently for the past month or so (and hopefully that can change for a while).
Here are the approximate times I ran each lap in.

1/4 mile - 1:46
1/2 mile - 3:34
3/4 mile - 5:18
one mile - 7:05 (all right, all right, second half-mile a bit faster than the first, that's pretty cool).
1.25 miles - 8:53
1.5 miles - 10:36
1.75 miles - 12:16 (all right, at this pace my second mile would have been a bit faster than my first, in fact, I was on pace for a second mile under seven minutes.

Although I am pleased with this run in Columbia, I thought maybe I was a little too quick. Oh well. One nice thing about it was that Hammond High School's indoor track & field team was practicing and I got to see the coach and I thought it sorta gave me a rush to be running around them (although when they were doing intervals, they easily beat me while I was going around the track). I will get some later with details on how the 22nd Annual Turkey Trot Two-Mile Fun Run in Caroline County, Maryland went today. I am currently typing this from the Howard County, Maryland Central Library in Columbia, and I don't wanna hog the computer. Tonight in Columbia, I also want to head to the Symphony of Lights Dazzle Dash, where they have a running event where participants can run as many laps as they choose. I think for now I'm going to try and run two laps on the 1.4-mile loop (which would be about 2.8 miles). Of course, I'll try and keep it at an easy pace, since I ran earlier today (and a lot stronger than I expected) and I'm just getting back into shape. This will be my first time doing this course, so that should be pretty cool.
Thank you all for reading. I hope you have a good night, weekend, and upcoming Thanksgiving :)

No comments: