Sunday, November 18, 2007

Another track run this afternoon!

Just got in from a nice, fairly-easy track run at Hammond High School's outdoor track in Columbia (Howard County), Maryland. I thought the weather was a little warmer and a lot less windy than the past couple of days. Since it was nice, I was able to run about 2.5 miles (10 laps around the track) at a faster pace than what I ran seven laps in a couple of days ago. I felt all right, though I think for "taking it easy", I'm still showing some strong times for myself and I think I should hold back at this point. I guess it's just lookin' at my watch a lot and seein' how even my splits are on each lap of the flat track. Speaking of splits, here's what I hit:

1/4 mile - 1:42
1/2 mile - 3:20
3/4 mile - 5:01
1 mile - 6:43

1.25 miles - 8:24
1.5 miles - 10:03
1.75 miles - 11:44
2 miles - 13:22 (ah-hah, negative split on the second mile :)

2.25 miles - 15:00
2.5 miles - 16:35

Wow, that's cool how I was pretty much consistently hitting low one-minute-and-forty-second four-hundred meter laps on the track, and then on the last 800 or so, I ended up breaking out of that pace a bit. Pretty neat stuff. However, in some of my runs in the near future, I think it would be best to really slow it down, and maybe it might help me mentally not to analyze my pacing so much. Easier said than done sometimes, though, at least for me.

Well, thank you for stoppin' by, I hope you all continue to enjoy your weekend and stay warm!

No comments: