Sunday, February 3, 2008

Yea Super Bowl!!!!!










Wow, that was an intense Super Bowl game. I just got back from watching it at a co-worker's Super Bowl party. It was really cool. I was rootin' for the New York Giants, mainly because they were the underdogs, even though based on what I had been picking up throughout the football season, I thought the New England Patriots were more likely to win. I am just so pleasantly surprised that the Giants hung in there until the end and pulled out a 17-14; I'm amazed :) I think both Tom Brady and Eli Manning are excellent quarterbacks, and since Brady's been becoming quite a football celebrity, I'm grateful that Manning gets to have a Super Bowl title under his belt! Very nice.


Another thing I am well-pleased about were the five indoor track races I ran earlier today between two all-comers' indoor track & field meets. I'll get back to you with more details on those and explain. Right now I have almost all of the results of how I did at the meets today (posted below). I hope to post in the near future about the details (as well as some splits in the races). I'm gettin' tired and I gotta get up early for work tomorrow morning. I hope you all have a good night, thank you for reading. God bless you and enjoy your week :)


Running Events I have done this year as of Sunday, February 3, 2008

Maryland

Allegany County

Anne Arundel County

Baltimore City

Baltimore County

- Baltimore Road Runners Club (BRRC) Grand Prix Series Eight-Mile Run – Sunday, January 13, 2008 – Loch Raven Reservoir – 11th overall – 53:34

Calvert County

- First Annual Southern Maryland Community Network Resolution 5K Run/Walk – Tuesday, January 1, 2008 – Prince Frederick – 4th overall (20-29 age group winner) – 18:47

Caroline County

Carroll County

- Winfield Mile – Tuesday, January 1, 2008 – South Carroll High School, Winfield – 6th overall (2nd in 20-29 age group) – 5:11 (clock), 5:10 (watch)

Cecil County

Charles County

Dorchester County

Frederick County

Garrett County

Harford County


Howard County

- Howard County Striders (H.C.S.) Weekly Series (“Operation Iceberg”) #1: Burleigh Manor Middle School 5-mile run – Sunday, January 6, 2008 – Columbia/Ellicott City area – 7th overall – 32:18

- H.C.S. “Operation Iceberg” #3: Atholton High School 5K Run – Sunday, January 20, 2008 – Columbia – 6th overall – 18:38

Kent County

Montgomery County

Prince George’s (P.G.) County

- Prince George’s Sports and Learning Complex Track Showcase (indoor track) – Sunday, January 27, 2008 – Landover:

- 1,500 meter race - - 5:04

- 800 meter race – 2nd overall – 2:15/2:16ish

- 3,200 meter race – winner – 11:24 (best indoor track time for that distance by one second :)

- Prince George’s Sports and Learning Complex Track Showcase (indoor track) – Sunday, February 3, 2008 – Landover:

- 800 meter run – 3rd overall – 2:15

- 3,200 meter run – 2nd overall – Have not gotten time yet, but I’m sure it was close to the 11:24 I hit there last weekend :)

Queen Anne’s County

Saint Mary’s County

Somerset County

Talbot County

Washington County

Wicomico County

Worcester County

Events outside of Maryland

Virginia

Arlington County

- Potomac Valley Track Club All-Comers’ Indoor Track & Field Meet – Sunday, February 3, 2008 - Thomas Jefferson Community Center, Arlington:


-
1,600 meter run – 6th overall – 5:17.0

- 800 meter run – 6th overall – 2:22.5

- 3,000 meter run – 7th overall – 10:59.8

No comments: