Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Nice longer distance run yesterday :)

Yesterday afternoon (Monday, February 4, 2008) I went for my long run as well as recovery run from the indoor track & field races the previous day. I went approximately 12 miles and I went faster than I intended. It was not like I was racing it, but at least within the last half-mile of the run or so I really felt like I was beginning to turn it on (not to mention there were a couple of demanding uphills that last mile). The weather was pretty nice. I ran negative splits, which I thought was pretty cool. I ran mostly on bike paths the whole route, and I went by Lake Elkhorn all the way to the Long Reach/Howard High Schools district in the Columbia/Ellicott City area of Howard County, Maryland. I ran a little ways past the Jackson Pond area before turning around (my route was out and back). Here are some of my splits:


1 mile: 7:19ish
4 miles: 28:55ish
5 miles: 36:04
6 miles: 43:16ish (turnaround)
7 miles: 50:07
8 miles: 56:54ish (I felt like my pace evened out nicely around here)
11 miles: 1:18:00
12 miles: 1:25:24 (right around a 7:07 pace, which is faster than I intended and nice considering I was at about 7:12-per-mile on average by five miles).

I'm pretty happy with it. Today after work, I hope to do an easy six, probably around the Centennial Park/Lake area of Howard County. And this time, I'll make an effort to keep it "easy", even if I jog most of it. All right, thank you for reading and have an awesome day :)

No comments: