Friday, January 25, 2008

Winter-semester human development course is finished :)






YAYAYAYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Earlier this evening I handed in my final research paper to the professor of this human development course that I've been taking as first in a series of courses for a teaching certificate. I feel so relieved to have that class over with. It's a blessing to have gotten through, because it was about fourteen weeks worth of material packed into a mini semester of about four weeks! Last night was the final exam and I felt like it went all right, and God blessed me with great grades on many of the other assignments in that class, so I am confident that I passed. I hope everyone else in that class at least passes, I think we all worked hard and did well hangin' in there until the end of the "mini-mester".
The spring semester courses that I have start on Wednesday (January 30, 2008). I have one on Wednesday afternoons-into-evenings and one on Thursday afternoons that let out in the evenings. With the days shorter because of the winter season, it may be challenging to fit in running around the class times, but God-willing it can happen.
This week I've gotten in about 32-33 miles worth of running, and I'm thoroughly pleased with it!

My next race I plan on doing is this Sunday, January 27, 2008 in Prince George's County. There is an open indoor track & field meet at the Prince George's Sports and Learning Complex in the Landover area of Maryland, right near Fed Ex Field where the Washington Redskins play. The P.G. Complex (at least when I was in high school and college) was voted one of the nation's top indoor track & field facilities, and I can see why. The surface is great and it's a little more breathable in there (in a lot of indoor track facilities I've run in, it can get a bit stuffy and dusty). I am hoping to run in the 1,600 meter race (hopefully I can break 5:10) and the 3,200 meter race (hopefully I can get in the low 11-minute range, or maybe even under 11 minutes). I've heard these meets take a while, so perhaps I'll have sufficient rest between the two events. Depending on how I feel, I may do the 800 meter race and possibly even the 400-meter race. I don't feel like my speed is quite up to where it's been when I've run PR's in these distances, but I think I'm doin' all right for right now!

I hope to make it to the all-comers meet on Sunday. God-willing the snow showers that are fore casted won't for Sunday morning won't stop me and others from making it to the meet and from the meet occurring in the first place. If I make it, I hope to get details (and possibly some photos) from the event on this blog in the near future.

God bless you all and have a wonderful night and weekend :)

Running Events I have done this year as of Saturday, January 26, 2008

Maryland

Allegany County

Anne Arundel County

Baltimore City

Baltimore County

- Baltimore Road Runners Club (BRRC) Grand Prix Series Eight-Mile Run – Sunday, January 13, 2008 – Loch Raven Reservoir – 11th overall – 53:34

Calvert County

- First Annual Southern Maryland Community Network Resolution 5K Run/Walk – Tuesday, January 1, 2008 – Prince Frederick – 4th overall (1st in 20-29 age group) – 18:47

Caroline County

Carroll County

- Winfield Mile – Tuesday, January 1, 2008 – South Carroll High School, Winfield – 6th overall (2nd in 20-29 age group) – 5:11 (clock), 5:10 (watch)

Cecil County

Charles County

Dorchester County

Frederick County

Garrett County

Harford County


Howard County

- Howard County Striders (H.C.S.) Weekly Series (“Operation Iceberg”) #1: Burleigh Manor Middle School 5-mile run – Sunday, January 6, 2008 – Columbia/Ellicott City area – 7th overall – 32:18

- H.C.S. “Operation Iceberg” #3: Atholton High School 5K Run – Sunday, January 20, 2008 – Columbia – 6th overall – 18:38

Kent County

Montgomery County

Prince George’s (P.G.) County

Queen Anne’s County

Saint Mary’s County

Somerset County

Talbot County

Washington County

Wicomico County

Worcester County

Events outside of Maryland

No comments: