Saturday, January 19, 2008

Did not end up quite as I expected, but that's definitely okay....


Look at that cake, YUM!!!!

Well, for all of you who have been reading up on my blogs, you probably thought I was either going to run the Snowflake Chase Five-Mile Run in Garrett County, Maryland or the Shooting Starr Five-Mile Run in Montgomery County, Maryland this morning. Well, I actually decided not to do either.
Instead I sorta went the opposite direction to the Maryland Eastern Shore to run with my friend Allison and her friends on the Cross-Island Trail in Queen Anne's County, Maryland (the drive from Howard County to that part of Maryland does not seem that long to me anymore considering all the times in this past year-and-half I've been on the Maryland Eastern Shore for races and visits to Salisbury University, my alma mater). I'm so glad I decided to do this because I got to spend time with one of my friends and strong supporters of last year's Maryland-wide running quest, and I got to meet some of her friends as well. She had been encouraging me to attend some of her group training runs on the Cross-Island Trail, and I figured that since this weekend was her birthday, it would be cool to join her and her friends on their run. We ended up running seven miles in over an hour and six minutes, which is fine by me, since I have not been getting that great of sleep this week between work and my evening class.
We had a fun time. A lotta laughter, warmth, and comfortable running. Afterwards we ate at the Hilton Garden Inn in Kent Narrows, Maryland by the Chesapeake Bay in Queen Anne's County, and had a terrific breakfast. We had two delicious cakes (one of which is pictured above with chocolate and strawberries, and was baked by Trudy, one of Allison's friends). I got to meet other people there who had heard of my Maryland-wide running endeavors towards the end of last year and spend time with them. It was a great time, one worth passing up a race for.

And right now, in Howard County I don't think it has started to snow yet as I thought it would. I'm glad that the weather held out and that I got to have a chill day!


Thank you all for reading, and Allison I hope you have a wonderful birthday :)

Have a good night and weekend everyone :)

Running Events I have done this year as of Saturday, January 19, 2008

Maryland

Allegany County

Anne Arundel County

Baltimore City

Baltimore County

- Baltimore Road Runners Club (BRRC) Grand Prix Series Eight-Mile Run – Sunday, January 13, 2008 – Loch Raven Reservoir – 11th overall – 53:34

Calvert County

- First Annual Southern Maryland Community Network Resolution 5K Run/Walk – Tuesday, January 1, 2008 – Prince Frederick – 4th overall (1st in 20-29 age group) – 18:47

Caroline County

Carroll County

- Winfield Mile – Tuesday, January 1, 2008 – South Carroll High School, Winfield – 6th overall (2nd in 20-29 age group) – 5:11 (clock), 5:10 (watch)

Cecil County

Charles County

Dorchester County

Frederick County

Garrett County

Harford County


Howard County

- Howard County Striders (H.C.S.) Weekly Series (“Operation Iceberg”) #1: Burleigh Manor Middle School 5-mile run – Sunday, January 6, 2008 – Columbia/Ellicott City area – 7th overall – 32:18

Kent County

Montgomery County

Prince George’s (P.G.) County

Queen Anne’s County

Saint Mary’s County

Somerset County

Talbot County

Washington County

Wicomico County

Worcester County

Events outside of Maryland


No comments: