Sunday, February 7, 2010

The Forty-Fourth Super Bowl Championship :)



I think I just saw the best and most captivating Super Bowl that I have ever seen in Miami, Florida: Super Bowl XXXXIV: The Indianapolis Colts and the New Orleans Saints. As usual, I was pulling for the underdogs, the New Orleans Saints. This was actually their first Super Bowl competition, and also, several years ago I am sure they were adversely affected by Hurricane Katrina along the coast of the Gulf of Mexico. Needless to say, it was awesome to see a team who had gone through all that get to the Super Bowl by God's grace!

The Colts were up 10-0 for a little bit during the first part of the game, but then with a coupla field goal kicks, the Saints caught back up to the Colts, and then the lead changed between the two teams twice until at the end of the third quarter, the Colts were narrowly leading, 17-16. During those first few quarters, this player from the Saints made a successful field goal kick of around 50 yards, and set a record as a result for three kicks made that were outside of forty yards. To have seen a Super Bowl record made from someone on the underdog team (when they were trailing the Colts by several points after the Colts had regained the lead), it was truly inspiring to me and personally, I think that was just a little better than what happened in the fourth quarter.

Not long after the fourth quarter began, the Saints made a touch down, then after a challenge with the referees, barely made a two-point conversion. They had a 24-17 lead over the Colts at this point, and like a good portion of the game, myself and other gentlemen I was at a Super Bowl party with, watched in rapt attention for what would happen next in this close Super Bowl championship. Then, unexpectedly, one of the players on the Saints intercepted the ball while the Colts were on offense and made a great run for a clean touchdown, followed by a successful field goal kick that put the game at 31-17 with the underdog Saints making an incredible comeback (well in my opinion it was incredible; I am really not much of a televised sports buff). The New Orleans Saints went on to win, 31-17, even though the Indianapolis Colts had come close to scoring another touchdown towards the end of the fourth quarter. Both teams seemed to play really hard and I am grateful that God blessed the Saints with a win at their first Super Bowl. I think the New Orleans Saints simply making it to the Super Bowl despite the adversity they have faced that I touched on before earlier in this post, is an inspiring testimony of how God can work through and achieve mighty things from the more unlikely. I am not saying the New Orleans Saints are lousy in their abilities at all, I am just saying it seemed that the Colts were more favored in their chances of winning the Super Bowl this year. I even thought that. I am glad I was wrong!


So yes, I wanted to share my brief thoughts on this evening's Super Bowl Championship, and how inspiring it was to see how strong and professional both teams played. I think that was everything I want to see in a Super Bowl game: A nice competitive game where especially the underdogs play a great game (and that kicking record by that gentleman on the New Orleans Saints was a real highlight for me to see and just an awesome bonus :) Thank you all for stopping by, please stay warm and safe :)


Races I have done so far in 2010!


Friday, January 1, 2010 - 3rd Annual Southern Maryland Community Network Resolution Run 5K - Prince Frederick (Calvert County), MD - 9th overall (2nd in 20-29 male age group division) - 20:38 (clock), 20:34 (watch)


Sunday, January 10, 2010 - Mighty Medford Freeway 5K - Medford/Westminster (Carroll County), MD - 8th overall (20-29 male age group division winner) - 20:25


Please check out the events I did in 2009:

http://ranineverymdcounty.blogspot.com/2009/12/reflection-on-2009.html



Please check out the events I did in 2008:

http://ranineverymdcounty.blogspot.com/2008/12/
not-much-longer-until-2009.html



Please check out the events I did in 2007:

http://runineverymdcounty.blogspot.com/2007/09/
i-ran-in-running-event-in-all-of.html

No comments: