Sunday, December 30, 2007

No more races for me this year....




















































Well I think I ended my 2007 racing on a good note, and I probably won't do another race until next year....



My last running event this year was the open indoor track & field meet I went to at the Atheltic, Recreation and Community Center (A.R.C.C.) Hagerstown Community College in Hagerstown (Washington County), Maryland, where I ran the 1,600 meter run and then the 3,200 meter run. I was pleased with how I ran in both races, it served as a good sorta timed trial to see where I am in these distances that I may be racing more consistently in the near future through indoor track meets or road races. I was also glad to have made it out to the more western area of Maryland for races, a region I felt like I had not run in as much as I did around the central and Eastern Shore regions of Maryland.

I was pleasantly surprised by how strongly I ran in the 1,600 meters (pretty much one-mile). I had a strong feeling that I could run a good ways under six minutes, but I did not think I would finish as well as I did. I went through the first 200 meters in about 37 seconds, 800 meters (halfway) in 2:34, and then finished in 5:19! I was also second in the first of two heats for the 1,600 meter race and second in the 19-24-year-age-group-division.

I was also really pleased with the 3,200 meter (almost two-mile) race that I ran. I felt really winded after the 1,600 to say the least and I did not know what to expect. I knew if I ran smart I might have a chance of breaking twelve minutes. Once the race started, I felt all right. Here are the splits-per-lap I remember seeing on the clock as I ran by it. I do not have all the splits for all my laps, but I think I still managed to get a good portion of them.

200 meters - :39 seconds
400 meters - 1:27ish
800 meters - 2:59ish
1,200 meters - 4:30ish
1,600 meters - 6:02
2,400 meters - 9ish minutes (kept it consistent from about 800 meters to this point thereabouts)
2,800 meters - 10:27ish (all right, on pace to get under 12 minutes)
3,000 meters - 11:17ish
3,200 meters (finish) - 11:49.8


I really appreciated that negative split, running the second half of the race faster than the first. I have not seen the results of this race yet, so I do not know I placed overall, but I was blessed with another age-group award, this time taking first among the 19-24-year-old runners (if there were any others in that race besides me).

So yes, I am pleased with how I ran in this meet and I look forward to improving upon these times and on times in other distances in this upcoming season. I just gotta keep the faith and stay in good health as well!

Oh yea, Http://www.Tristaterunnur.Com did a terrific job with the photos (the two ones of me running in the 1,600 meter race near the top are from TristateRunnur)

Thank you all for reading, and I hope oyu are all enjoying the holiday time and that you have a wonderful New Year :)

No comments: