Friday, December 28, 2007

All-comers indoor track & field meet tomorrow in Washington County, Maryland

Hagerstown Community College's Mascot, the Hawk.





Well, I never thought I'd ever really be excited about going to an indoor track & field meet, much less around the Holidays. However, as I have come to really enjoy running and consistent racing, I've come to enjoy indoor track races. In fact, I like running the distance races in indoor track venues, because the shorter laps make me feel like I'm going fast. However, usually if it's 800 meters or shorter on an indoor track, it's more of a challenge for me because of the fast pace of the race and constantly going around the curbs of the track.
Anyway, tomorrow I'm planning on running at an open indoor track & field meet at Hagerstown Community College that I heard about from somone at the Nutrcracker 5K I did in Dowell (Calvert County), MD last Sunday. I was really happy to hear about it, because not only would it be a good opportunity to have some tiemd trials for myself in the 1,600 meter and 3,200-meter distances, but I get to run some more races in western Maryland before the 2007 is over. I always thought it would have been nice if I had made a little more effort to do more races in that region of Maryland this year, and now it looks like I have an opportunity to do so. I'm intersted to see what I can hit for the 1,600 meter (which is about a mile) and the 3,200 meter distances. I know at the Nutcracker 5K last weekend my two mile split was about 12:01 and I'm really sure that my first mile was under six minutes (unless my pace was really even for the first couple of miles and I ran about six minutes or slower for the first mile and then kept it consistent or picked it up the second mile to end up with 12:01).

Either way the meet starts at around noon and I think goes until 4 P.M. when a high school meet starts. I'm sure that this meet will run fairly efficiently and I hope to have some rest time in between events. Check out http://www.Tristaterunnur.com for more information on this open indoor track & field meet if you are interested.

Thank you all for reading, I hope you all continue to enjoy the holidays and have a nice weekend!

No comments: