Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Hopefully I can get some good runs in this coming weekend



This week my running has been goin' all right. I'd say I've run a little over fourteen miles or so this week. Sunday I took off, as my friend Brian and I were hangin' out in Salisbury (Wicomico County), Maryland with some friends. Monday I ran about 6.25 miles, Tuesday I hit about 5.5 miles, and today between playing a couple games of basketball and running for about seventeen minutes and seventeen seconds, I'd say I got in about 2.5 miles. I've been feeling all right, running a surprisingly strong race at the Jingle Bell 5K Run last Saturday in Queen Anne's County, Maryland has not left me too drained at all!

This weekend I hope to run in another race or two. On Saturday, December 15 in Baltimore City, Maryland, the Celtic Solistice 5-Mile race is taking place. It is a really popular running event in Maryland and I hear it is a "rolling" course with a downhill finish. I expect to find it challenging. Having been back to consistent running for almost four weeks now and based on how I've been running, I think if I'm feeling healthy and the weather's all right, I think I can get a good ways under thirty-four minutes for the five mile course. I think almost two weeks ago I had run about five miles worth on Centennial High School's track in Howard County Maryland and I had done that in 34:08. I think I'm in a little bit better shape now than I was then, plus there will no doubt be a lotta people to run against, so I'm confident that I can probably break thirty-four minutes, God-willing!

On Sunday afternoon, the Howard County Striders are holding the last of their low-key weekly series races ("Legends of the Fall" Series#9) all on relatively flat bike paths. There is a two-mile and a 10-kilometer (approximately 6.2-mile) race option. I've run both in the past, I think I'll run the two-miler and maybe try to go low 12's or something like that. We'll see how I'm feeling after the Celtic Solstice 5-Mile Run, if I do it that is...

Which brings me to my next thing. Apparently snow is forecasted for this weekend, so I may not be able to make it to these events (or they may be cancelled/postponed). I hope that does not happen, 'cause I'm really lookin' forward to both, especially the Celtic Solstice Five Mile Run, because I have not done that one before. We'll see what happens. If it's too snowy, hey then maybe it would be best to take it easy and just go for training runs (unless the weather makes that too difficult too).

I'll try to keep you updated. Thank you all for reading, I hope you all have a good night :)

No comments: