Saturday, October 27, 2007

10!!!!



Well, I made it to and through the rainy 10 - The Race 5-Kilometer Run this morning in Columbia (Howard County), Maryland. Having not run since the Sneakers and Creepers 5K in Wicomico County, Maryland on Sunday, I was feeling a bit winded from the start, but held on all right. The race started at the Merriweather Post Pavilion and went all the way out to Clemen's Crossing Elementary School before turning around to finish at the Merriweather Post Pavilion. The race was not that hillly, maybe some rather light rolling hills, but a little more challenging than the last two 5K's I've run on the Maryland Eastern Shore.
I ran all right, a 20:44 according to my watch (the clock read about 20:46 since it took me a couple of seconds to reach the starting line after the race and clock started). I was cramping up a little bit in my right leg (especially around my right foot), an area of my body that has been hurting me a little bit before I began this "off-season". I don't plan on running again or hopping in a race for fun again until maybe later in November, and then, perhaps I'll start running more consistently.
Lance Armstrong came to participate in this event. Apparently he's a very strong runner as well as an excellent biker. I heard he ran about 17:41 and when I saw him at the turn-around point on the course, it looked like he was in third and I heard he finished around there. I don't think they really kept track of places, awards, or results in general, so I have no idea exactly what place I finished. I can only guess that maybe I was perhaps in the top twenty, probably the top thirty. It was a pretty nice run and the temperature was great considering the light rain during the most of the event.
Despite hurting a little bit when I ran and getting cold and wet afterwards, I thought it was a pretty cool event. Maybe they'll have it here next year. I took several photos around the Merriweather Post Pavilion area, hopefully I can get 'em here in the near future!
I'm gonna get goin' soon and head out with some friends to a Halloween party thingy. I'm thinkin' of dressin' up as someone caught in a "timewarp" sorta thing, I'll dress sorta half casual modern, and half-medieval witht he help of my Rennaissance Festival garb.
I hope everyone has a great weekend :)

No comments: