Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Here comes Super Bowl 2009!!!!

























Looking forward to watching this year's Super Bowl. It sounds like the Pittsburgh Steelers may be a tougher team to beat, but I'm stilll pullin' for apparent underdogs; the Cardinals. I'm planning on going to another all-comers indoor track & field meet at the Prince George's Sports and Learning Complex that same Sunday (February 1, 2009). I would like to do several races (mainly the 1,600/mile, 800 meter, and 3,200 meter races), but if they end up running late, I may cut out earlier in the afternoon because my friend is having a Super Bowl party and I do wanna root for the Cardinals as they compete. The Super Bowl is pretty much the only sport I have watched on t.v. consistently through the years, and a lot of it is more of the social aspect of watching it with others, so I think I'll be fine passing up some track races to check it out (and of course that can help with this year's New Year's Resolution to cut back on races :).

Whatever team you root for, I hope you enjoy the Super Bowl this year!!!!


Running Events I have done as of Wednesday, January 28, 2009

January

- Sunday, January 18, 2009 - "Inaugural" All-comers Indoor Track & Field Meet - Thomas Jefferson Community Center, Arlington (Arlington County), Virginia:

1). 1-mile race - 14th overall since some mile times run in other heats were faster than mine, (7th overall in the "Elite heat") - 5:26.7 (not bad considering my shoe came untied around half-way into the race :)

2). 800-meter race - 2nd overall - 2:17.78 (my best time in this event at this track venue and very well-paced too :)

3). 3,000 meter race - 15th overall (13th overall in the second heat) - 11:27.8 (I accidentally ran a lap extra and ran about 3,200 meters worth, and my 3,000 meter split was about 10:46, which would have put me at about 8th overall and 8th in this particular heat. This is also my best time-to-date for 3,000 meters at this track venue :)

4). Saturday, January 24, 2009 – Inaugural Chesapeake Bay Running Club Trail Run #1 (5K) – King’s Landing Park, Huntingtown (Calvert County), Maryland – 2nd overall – 19:21

- Sunday, January 25, 2009 – Prince George’s Sports and Learning Complex All-Comers’ Showcase Indoor Track & Field Meet – Landover (Prince George’s County), MD:

5). 1-mile race – 4th overall – 5:03

6). 400 meter race – 5th or 6th probably (second-to-last in heat) – 1:04ish (I think this was the first time since middle school I ran this race :)

7). 800 meter race – Not sure how I placed – 2:16/2:17ish; I couldn’t see my time on the clock clearly.

8). 200 meter race – 10th overall (7th in the heat I was in and last place in heat) - :41 (my first time since middle school running this race :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool blog, check out my blog for the dirt cheap nosebleed tickets and discount merchandise.



*************************
-->CHEAP Super Bowl TICKETS<--
<--Discount NFL Merchandise-->
*************************