Thursday, December 11, 2008

Wachapreague Went Wonderfully!


Powell Park in Wachapreague, Virginia, where met for the start of the 27th Annual Seaside Half-Marathon on Saturday, December 6, 2008



Hey there, I just want to let you all know that the Seaside Half-Marathon in Wachapreague (Accomac County), Virginia went really well last Saturday (December 6, 2008). My friend Phil and I (plus some of his friends) ran great for ourselves. The weather was nice too; high 30's, low 40's, and not much wind until the last few miles or so. There were about 98 participants I think; relatively smaller compared to a lot of other half-marathons I've heard about. It was my first time running a race on Virginia's eastern shore region (the only other county on Virginia's eastern shore region is Northampton County, and God-willing I'll get to do a running event there sometime in the future).

I hope to get some more details about this half-marathon out on here in the near future. Right now, I'm getting ready to go to Salisbury (Wicomico County) on Maryland's Eastern Shore for a couple of days to see some friends from my alma mater, Salisbury University. I hope to also run in this new "Jingle All the Way" 5K put on by the Lower Shore Delmarva YMCA in Pocomoke City (Worcester County), MD on Saturday morning (December 13, 2008) at 9 A.M. about a half-hour or so from my friend's place in Salisbury. We'll see how that goes. Yesterday (Wednesday, December 10, 2008) was the first time I ran since the weekend and I felt pretty good considering I had run a half-marathon last weekend. We'll see how this 5K goes.

I'm also happy to say that the History 101 course I was taking at the Community College of Baltimore County in Catonsville, MD is over... We had our final presentations yesterday afternoon and later that evening after a few technical difficulties, I submitted my final research paper online. I'm definitely grateful to be done with that class and looking forward to some homework-free time.

Thank you all for reading; I hope to post back up here in the new future. Have a great weekend!

No comments: