Wednesday, March 12, 2008

A couple more upcoming races around St. Patrick's Day!




Hey there everyone. Just thought I'd let you all know that this weekend (which is the beginning of spring break for us in the Howard County Public School System as well as with many other school systems and colleges), I am planning on running a couple of 5K's, God-willing.

First I plan on going to Caroline County, Maryland for the inaugural St. Patrick's Day 5K Race in Denton, MD at 10:00 A.M on Saturday, March 15. This is through the Seashore Striders (http://www.seashorestriders.com/races/index.htm) This will be cool, as Caroline County does not seem to have a lot of year-around running events; I'm glad they are putting a new one in. I hope to make it back out to the Maryland Eastern Shore for this one.

Then, on Sunday, March 16, my friend Andy and I (and possibly some of his friends) are planning on doing the Kelly's Shamrock 5K Run in Baltimore City, Maryland (and it's schedled for around 1:15 P.M. in the afternoon). I've heard that this is quite a crowded and competitive race, and that a lot of it is flat and downhill, so perhaps I can run a good time here. Charm City Run (http://www.charmcityrun.com) is putting this on, but unfortunately the limit has been reached on participants. I'm grateful that Andy and I registered earlier on. I hope that my right foot among other things do not act up this weekend, and that another weekend of two races does not do me in. Fortunately last weekend I ran two races in one day and then went for an easy run followed by a game of capture-the-flag at night, and two days later I was running some strong quarter-mile repeats on the track and I'm doing all right, so we'll see. I hope to not get too far ahead of msyelf or more importantly, God!

All right, maybe I'll see some of you at the races this weekend that I will hoepfully make, and if any of you are there, I look forward to seeing you! Have a good night out there!

No comments: