Saturday, November 20, 2010

Thoughts from the eve of my wedding!

Yesterday being the day before I marry Kya, there were plenty of thoughts going through my mind... Some of confidence, some of, "wow can I really do this?" It reminded me of times when I would go to a race with a goal in mind, and then I would see what the course was like, and I would be like "uh, this course is kind of on the hard side, I dunno about this goal any more."

However, there ae many many times when I have been aware of God stepping in and helping me rise to meet that challenge, no matter where I was at. Last weekend's 10th Annual St. Anne's School of Annapolis 5K in Annapolis (Anne Arundel County), MD was a fine example of that, because I ran a relly even-paced race and felt strong the whole time despite the fact I had not run much a week-and-a-half leading up to the race and that my sleeping had been thrown off. In short, I am putting (or trying to put my hopes in the Lord that He will empower Kay and I to bring Him glory in our marriage. We are a gift from God to one another; everything that God has done to us and for us at this point, I believe, has helped prepare us for each other (and of course prepared us for other plans that He has I am sure)!


I am eagerly looking forward to getting married to Kay. It seemed like just a short while ago, I had been a content single man just about my whole life up to the point of Sunday, April 19, 2009 when Kay and I started dating. I remember starting these blogs over three years ago in the midst of my terrifically fun endeavors to run a race in every Maryland and Delaware county in Maryland within the year of 2007, and I had not even met Kay back then until the very end of 2007 at our friend Karen's New Year's Eve party :)

I was so surprised how well I was able to focus in on things yesterday. I had less than ten minutes of sleep from the night before of lesson planning, rearranging things in the house, and doing a few other small things here and there. That is the least amount of sleep I have gotten, I think, since my senior year of college thereabouts.

One thought that came to my mind that I think helped me to digest it emotionally was comparing (NOT MINIMIZING) this wonderful experience to a race: Picking up my tuxedo was like picking up my race bib for a big race, the wedding ceremony rehearsal was like the course walk/preview before doing a race, the rehearsal dinner was like a big pasta dinner that we would have the evenings before a big meet in high school and college, and of course this day of our wedding is the start of a race so huge that I hope it lasts us the rest of our lives if that is God's will! I know through God all things are possible, and we are both going to need to keep that honest perspective in all that we experience as a married couple, rough times and pleasant times!


So here I am on my wedding day, getting ready to make one of the largest life-changing moves I have ever made ot a woman who is so much more than I could have asked for in a wife. I do not deserve this with Kay, when I feel like if anything, I deserve so much less. Than again, this is God showing us His love and grace, which I am sure will sustain us throughout our lives together!


Thank you for coming by, as well as for your prayers and encouragements :)

2 comments:

Kay said...

I love you Noah! Kay Wood:)

Kay said...

Noah,
It is so cool how God has used running to help to form you into the man that you are. You are more than I ever dreamt a man could be to me! Thank you!