Saturday, October 30, 2010

Getting Ready to Get a "Move" on!

Now today, I am getting ready to move to southern Maryland (Calvert County to be exact) near where Kay lives. Kay and I found a place for me to rent by myself until we get married on Saturday, November 20 this year, and then she will move in with me. Today I am planning to move.


Yesterday when I was getting ready to go for a 2+ mile run in Columbia, MD where I grew up in Howard County, I began to feel a little sad about it. I am definitely grateful to be engaged to and marrying Kay, and I think the move to Calvert County will be great for us there. Yet, I am going to miss being able to run on the bike paths in Columbia. They have a terrific bike path system that go for miles. I am sure I will find some great places to run in southern Maryland, though up to this point of my life, some of my best runs, bike rides (and even running races) have taken place in Howard County, especially on the bike path systems. I am grateful that as of now, I am happy with my course PR's on some of my relatively frequent running routes, though I am going to miss them all the same. I hope to be able to take Kay to some of the beautiful and scenic places I have run and seen in Columbia. God-willing that will all come in good time.


When I went to college at Salisbury University in Wicomico County on Maryland's Eastern Shore several years ago, I knew I would be back to Columbia for breaks and such. When I moved to Baltimore County back in April of 2008, I was still able to get to Howard County relatively quickly and easily to go running on some of my routes. Now the day has come that I figured probably would come, though I never knew it would come so soon: The day that I move out of the central area /Baltimore area of Maryland to somewhere far away. I also never thought I'd be getting married this soon in my life (or sometimes even at all), especially to someone so caring, wonderful, loyal, supportive and funny (hi Kay :)!

I realize it is quite possible Kay and I could spend the rest of our lives in the Calvert County/southern Maryland area, and right now, that is fine with me because it is really beautiful there. It is well over an hour from where I live now in Columbia, so it is far, yet not too far to get back to Columbia for some Howard County Striders races, to go run on some of the routes I enjoy, and of course to see family, my friends, and some former co-workers (who I will certainly miss)!

This is one more page to turn towards this next exciting (if not a bit stressful) chapter of my life, of which I am sure God has good plans for, just like He has always had :)

No comments: