Monday, May 24, 2010

Hoping to make a few sales in the future!

Some of you may have heard, I have been spending time lately at my parents' house working to help clean out some of my things I left there in their basement, when I moved to Baltimore County, Maryland over two years ago. It was a pretty interesting experience, going through older stuff, some of which I had almost forgotten about. I went through some clothes, electronic games, Magic the Gathering playing cards, books, toys, etc. They brought back some great memories. One of the things I spent a lot of time sorting out in terms of figuring out what to keep and what to sell/give away, were the computer and videogames (and I feel that I have collected many). As some of you may know (especially if you knew me growing up), I was really into videogames for a fair majority of my childhood all the way up to towards the end of high school/college. Over time, God replaced my sometimes relatively unhealthy attachment to electronic gaming with Himself and running. I have to say for one thing, this whole adventure of setting goals of running races throughout Maryland really is much more fun (and meaningful to me) than playing electronic games (no offense to them). Not to sound too narcissistic, but sometimes when I am working hard on a running goal, I sometimes feel like a hero from a videogame whom I may have wanted to be like when I was younger (I know that sounds pretty corny :)
I thought it would be harder to think of parting with some of those games and toys, yet I think that God has helped me to accept it and really open my eyes to the beauty and variety of the world... The REAL world as God created it!
So, I am getting ready to sell these electronic games (they are mainly older ones for computers and different videogame systems) as well as some books and movies that I am considering parting with. I am going to see if some of my friends may be interested in buying some/taking some off of my hands, and if that does not work, I will probably resort to places like Amazon.Com, E-Bay.Com, some flea markets/thrift shops/pawn shops, and I may even list some here on this blog in case any of you are interested in buying it (and if this interests you already, please let me know and I will do what I can to let you know what I may have). I'd like to take photos of these items if I can (with the help of the new camera my parents bought me for my recent 27th birthday, thank you mom and dad :) and list them, which can prove time-consuming. I will keep you all posted on this all the same, and if I choose to try and advertise sales of these items on here, I will work to develop a blog entry with a list of the items and their prices/conditions.
Thank you all for stopping by, and I wish you a blessed day :)

No comments: